Wednesday, April 1, 2009

This day I will




I've decided that today will be my launch of Watch Me Downsize, a blog to document my weightloss. Due to my lack of viligence, I've gone from a shapely and strong 137 lbs in August of '08, to a curvaliscious but slightly lumpy 152 lbs today. My clothes are tight, my abs have disappeared and my butt is walking back down my legs. I will do my measurements this evening and then post them on this blog as well.

My goal is to land somewhere between 130-140 lbs while getting back into the strong shape I enjoyed last summer and regain the self-esteem that I have lost while packing on the pounds this winter. I've chosen to forgo the usual Weight Watchers or Slim-for-Life programs and instead document my progress here in the hope that this will keep me accountable for my behavior and goals. I hope to achieve my goal by June 19th (my 36th Birthday), which means I have 12-20 lbs to lose in the next 11-12 weeks. I hope to lose at least 3 lbs a week by changing my diet and exercising. I've been exercising about 1-2 times a week; that will be going to 3-5 times/week as I progress with my program. I'm not good at counting calories, so I plan to cut out most of my "bad" snacking, choosing instead to not to snack or to choose better, healthier snacks instead. Starting next Monday, I will also attempt the Celebrity 10 Day Lemon/Maple Syrup toxic cleanse program for at least five days. I've heard it does great things for kicking off weight-loss and leveling hormone levels, so I'd like to try it.
As a reward for my weight loss, I will treat myself to a birthday shopping trip at MOA for great new clothes.

I will post daily updates on my calories in and out (via food/exercise journaling) here along with musings about diet and exercise.
Weightloss updates will be posted every Wednesday.

Hopefully I will be able to show a true downsizing of my body and not only inspire myself to go on, but anyone else who has stumbled upon this blog, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment